Care and Repair
Most exterior fabrics used on board are made out of a solution dyed acrylic fiber. Brands you need to think of that are using this specific fiber are Sunbrella Outdoor fabrics – Perennials Outdoor fabrics– Maria Flora Outdoor fabrics.
Outdoor fabrics made out of a solution dyed acrylic are sunlight, (sea salt) water and chlorine resistant and are mildew free. Before using below maintenance and cleaning advise please make sure that your exterior fabric is made out of a solution dyed acrylic. Always pretest fabric in an out-of-the way area to guard against color transfer or color change. When your exterior fabric is made out of a solution dyed acrylic you can follow the below directions;
One of the best ways to keep Solution Dyed Acrylic Outdoor fabrics looking good and to delay deep or vigorous cleaning is to properly maintain the fabrics. This can be accomplished by simply brushing off dirt before it becomes embedded in the fabrics, wiping up spills as soon as they occur or spot cleaning soon after stains occur.
When cleaning a cushion constructed of exterior-use foam, we recommend flushing it with water and allowing it to air dry without removing the cover. Repeated removal of the cover
may eventually break down the seams and distort the fabric.
When cleaning a cushion constructed of interior-grade foam, professional cleaning is recommended. Please note that interior-grade foam is never recommended for exterior installation.
General or light cleaning instructions:
1. Brush off any loose dirt.
2. Prepare a cleaning solution of mild soap and lukewarm water.
3. Use a sponge or a soft bristle brush to clean. Avoid excessive brushing that may abrade the fibers.
4. Allow cleaning solution to soak into fabric.
5. Rinse thoroughly with clean water to remove all soap.
6. Allow fabric to air dry.
1. Apply a light mist of mild detergent and water using a spray bottle.
2. Work the solution into the stain by lightly scrubbing the area with a sponge or very soft bristle brush. Avoid excessive brushing.
3. Rinse thoroughly to remove all detergent residue.
4. Blot excess moisture with a clean, soft towel or sponge.
5. Blot excess water.
6. Air dry, Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all soap residue is removed.
Stain chart outdoor Ask your question